Thursday, April 14, 2011

Creekview High School Key Club earns an A+ from Services of Hope!!


Key Club in ACTION!

Services of Hope sincerely appreciates the volunteers from the Creekview High School Key Club (Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD) in helping us to distribute over 500 meals to needy families and the community over the past two community events.  

Key Club is a student-governed organization that encourages high school students to get involved in serving their community.  The Key Club’s purpose is to bring students together in order to achieve a common goal for the betterment of our community.  The student leaders find the events, organize the volunteer point system, and assist the organization's members in meeting their needs.

Nhon Le (pictured far left) says, “Being the President of Key Club has given me great opportunities to volunteer in my community and get my peers involved in community service as well. As the President, I find volunteer events for my members, organize dates for meetings, and lead the organization with the help of my officers: Forrest Lin (VP), Nguyen Tran (Historian), Laura Chong (Secretary), Nakul Pandav (Report Secretary), and Brian Pae (Treasurer). Key Club has given me insight on a multitude of new perspectives. For instance, when our organization assisted Services of Hope during the holidays, it really opened my eyes and made me appreciate how fortunate I am.”

"I have worked with the Creekview Key Club in recent community efforts and I must say that these young adults model great character and a refreshing heart of generosity.  I am excited about the ongoing opportunities where we can work together at helping those in need."
-Richard Jackson,
Services of Hope Board of Directors

No comments:

Post a Comment